addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The New Mexico Backpackers Meetup Group Message Board The New Mexico Backpackers Meetup Group Discussion Forum › TYVEK for tent footprints, bivys, tarp shelters

TYVEK for tent footprints, bivys, tarp shelters

Keith F.
user 6193988
Albuquerque, NM
Post #: 112
I have become interested in using the material Tyvek to make backpacking gear. While you can buy smaller pieces of the material, using the large rolls that building supply places have works better since the width is 9 feet, eliminating the need for some taping/gluing. The problem is the rolls are 9 ft by 100 feet. So I would like to find a few other people interested in splitting a roll. The cost of a roll is somewhere around $130 plus tax, I believe. My email is hiker1096@gmail.com. Oh, the advantages of the material are waterproof but breathing, light weight but very tough.
Elizabeth B.
Elizabeth-Barry
Grand Junction, CO
Post #: 31
I have become interested in using the material Tyvek to make backpacking gear. While you can buy smaller pieces of the material, using the large rolls that building supply places have works better since the width is 9 feet, eliminating the need for some taping/gluing. The problem is the rolls are 9 ft by 100 feet. So I would like to find a few other people interested in splitting a roll. The cost of a roll is somewhere around $130 plus tax, I believe. My email is hiker1096@gmail.com. Oh, the advantages of the material are waterproof but breathing, light weight but very tough.

I did thus once found people at light weight backpacking websites forums. Thanks