This is a camping weekend in the Adirondacks organized to assess and select potential participants for a two week trip in the Arctic next August.
See https://www.meetup.com/fr-FR/newyorkmountaineering/events/234514176/ for further information on the Baffin trip next august.
It is possible that additional weekend be organized early next spring to do the same but it is also possible that the group is formalized this autumn.
At this time, we have a few confirmed participants but we are looking for more.
Regarding the weekend in the Adirondacks, the schedule would as follows:
1) Leaving home on time with gear to be in complete autonomy for 2 days
2) Arrival at trailhead at 7 o'clock, near Lake Placid
3) Hike for 90 minutes with headlamp to Marcy Dam
4) Camping at Marcy Dam (Friday night)
5) Climbing Colden (up via Colden Lake and down via Arnold Lake) or Marcy (8 hours loop)
6) River crossing lesson and practice
7) Camping at Marcy Dam (Saturday night)
8) Climbing Algonquin while hiking back to trailhead (7 hours)
9) Leaving parking at trailhead at 3 o'clock
As the weekend in the Adirondacks is a camping trip with autumn weather as well as some intense hiking, you need to provide background information (age, weight, height and relevant experience) in order to be invited since it is not a beginner weekend.