addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Central Jersey Gaming Group Message Board › Viking-style horror in D&D Next, anyone?

Viking-style horror in D&D Next, anyone?

A former member
Post #: 157
Hi gamers. I'm looking to run a D&D Next game that blends Norse mythology and Gothic Horror in a low-magic setting. I'd like to play within 30 minutes of Maplewood, either in a public venue or at someone's house (mine if it's convenient). If there's more interest in another edition, I'm open to that. I've got AD&D, 2nd Edition, 3.5, and 4E. Anyone up for it?
A former member
Post #: 1
Sorry for the EXTREMELY late reply but I was thinking of running a post-apocalyptic D&D 5th edition game set years after Ragnarok.
With the collapse of Yggdrasil, the Nine Worlds of Norse myth have fallen in upon one another. As such the face of Midgard would be significantly altered, magic would be more prominent, giants, elves, dwarfs, nisse (gnomes), and dragons would inhabit the world, and Hel and Niflheim would no longer hold the spirits of the dead.