Wat we doen
Hands-on Lecture on Sound
Sound Academy is a hands-on lecture on sound by Kazune Koyama (https://kazunekoyama.com/).
Do you know what sound is, what your voice looks like, or how to use microphones or speakers? If you don't, visit Sound Academy.
It's for anyone above 10 years old who have no knowledge about sound at all, and there is nothing difficult to understand - we use videos, audios and your voice as much as possible to help you learn.
More details: https://kazunekoyama.com/h2/
- - -
Who it is For
Anyone above 10 years old who have no knowledge about sound at all.
For example, those who are involved in talking in front of people such as presentations or radio programmes, who teach or make music, or who are simply interested in.
- - -
What it is For
To understand and explore from the origins of sound to the complexities of it.
- - -
What to Bring
- Things to take notes
- - -
What You Learn
Part One: What is Sound?
- Hands-on Straining Your Ears
- What is Sound?
- Why sound decays?
- Hands-on Low Tones and High Tones ...The cause of bothersome neighbourhoods
- Speed of Sound ...The reason for the sound delay of fireworks
- Hands-on Reflection ...Reverberation in a bathroom, mountains
- Hands-on Flutter Echo ...The reason for hearing strange sound when clapping hands
- Refraction ...The reason for hearing distant sound at night
- Hands-on Sympathetic Resonance
- Hands-on The ingredients of Sound ..."Seeing" our voice
- Hands-on Masking ...The reason for difficulty when talking in a train or bus
- Karman Vortex ...The reason for hearing the howling of wind and skipping rope
- Doppler Effect ...The sound of an ambulance
- Cymatics ...A sound pattern
- Sonicboom ...Thunder
- Anechoic Chamber
Part Two: Sound and Human Beings
- How we hear
- Why do we have two ears?
- How we voice
- Hands-on Hearing Range and Speaking Range
- Hands-on The Mosquito ...Only young people can hear it
- Hands-on Aging and Hearing Sense
- Hands-on Bone Conduction
- Reticular Activating System(RAS)
- Hands-on Cocktail Party Effect
- Hands-on Missing Fundamental ...hearing sound that doesn't exist
- Does music have a good effect on an unborn baby?
- Perfect Pitch / Relative Pitch
- Colored Hearing Synesthesia / Phonopsia
- Sound and Our Action
- Hands-on Relationship between sound and video
- Danger of Sound
Part Three: Technologies on Sound
- The Structure of Speakers
- Stereophonic, Monaural, Surround, etc.
- LRAD (Long Range Acoustic Device)
- The Structure of Microphones
- Handling Acoustic Devices
- Hands-on Howling
- Noise Cancelling
- Hands-on Compressor / Limiter
- Hands-on Pitch Shifter
Part Four: Questions and Answers
Got any questions? I'll answer those to the extent I know.
- - -