Wat we doen
Using the Spiral Dynamics Framework to Influence Culture
“Culture eats strategy for breakfast.” — Peter Drucker
This famous quote from Peter Drucker indicates that the success of strategic change depends heavily on the organizational culture.
While many organizations implement Agility, their employees indicate that their organizational culture is at odds with the Agile values. As a result, we see a large number of transformations that are not reaching their full potential and get stuck in immature Agile implementations.
One of the most important responsibilities of the Agile leader is to understand culture and how it can be influenced. His\her role is to be always one step ahead of the teams, guide them to a high level of maturity and create an environment where self-organized teams can be successful.
To build such an environment, leaders need to understand how culture evolves and how it can be influenced.
In this 90 min, interactive session we will explore:
- What culture is
- How culture evolves over time
- What typical cultural challenges organizations experience nowadays
- A framework for making culture explicit
- A number of interactive cases to understand and influence culture
- None required
Participants will learn:
- Why changing culture is hard
- The dynamics of an Agile Culture change
- What elements contribute to resistance to change
- The basics of the Spiral Dynamics Framework
- Some examples on how to influence culture
Hosted by none other than Scrum.org star leadership trainer Ron Eringa!
- 18:00 Welcome with dinner and refreshments
- 18:45 The Presentation/Workshop
- 20:15 Conversation with snacks and refreshments
- 21:00 Goodbye
You can use the Q-Park Centrum Oost (Wibautstraat 3). Parking fee is charged (4 euro per hour with a maximum of 30 Euros per day).
It is a 12-minute walk from the Q-Park to the Wibautveste. You can also take metro 51, 53 and 54 from Metrostation Weesperplein to Metro station Wibautstraat.
You can also park on the streets surrounding the office which is 3 or 4 euro per hour.
## Public Transport
Opposite the Wibautveste you will find various metro stations, tram and bus stop, for example:
- From Amsterdam Central Station: metro 51, 53 and 54.
- From RAI Congress Centre: bus 65, or take tram 4 transfer to metro 51.
- From WTC: metro 51. Take exit Gijsbrecht van Aemstelstraat.