Due to the popularity of our previous hosting space, we'll be co-hosting a hackathon with the Monthly Music Hack Group ( http://monthlymusichackathon.org/ ) at the historic Woolworth Building.
Over a weekend (10/25-10/27), fellow tinkerers will team-up informally to develop immersive sound installations in the Woolworth Building spaces (the 21st floor, lobby, and beyond!). Send in proposals and equipment suggestions to : firstname.lastname@example.org
RSVP for the opening reception here: https://hauntedwoolworth.eventbrite.com/
RSVP to hack here: http://hauntedhackathon.eventbrite.com/
RSVP on Nodebots NYC so we can keep count of our members + save spots
*schedule + event structure available via the above listed eventbrite links*
Join us to:
• Keep up the momentum on Subnodes (http://subnod.es/), and develop on your RasPi with a few others to build a mesh of nodes and sync up with the sound installs
• Tinker with RaspyFi and build sonic spaces
• Play with the Echonest API (http://developer.echonest.com/docs/v4/track.html)
• Set-up a pirate radio station (https://www.sparkfun.com/search/results?term=fm&what=products) (no time like the present to bypass the non-existant FCC regulations)
• Experiment with the aptly named "Terror-Min (https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9206)"
Bring your laptop and your brilliant brain! See you there!
Go to Attendee List