NYC Nodejs Message Board › VP of Engineering
New York, NY
VP Engineering / Node.js
Claudia@css-llc.net | 631.805.6509
About this job:
We are looking for an experienced technical leader who can:
• Provide technical direction and guidance, as well as hands-on product development activities.
• Ensure the optimal use of technology and engineering resources to meet product requirements
• Evaluate, hire and mentor engineers to build a best-of-breed platform
• Be insanely process-focused to support the product development process
• Define and deliver operational excellence
• Ensure availability of the application in production
• Be a mentor to junior team members
• Make recommendations for best practices and supporting technologies
• Use software engineering best practices to deliver quality software
You love this opportunity, because you:
• Have a history of tackling interesting problems with code
• Possess an innate technical curiosity
• Are detail oriented, organized and thorough
• Are calm under pressure
• Embrace agile/scrum and the advantages it brings to communication, flexibility, and delivering working code
• Recognize that software engineering is often about tradeoffs
Deep experience with engineering technical issues and needs. Familiarity with NodeJS or equivalent. Familiarity with Hadoop and Mahout. Experience with high concurrency/low latency systems. Experience with NoSQL databases like MongoDB or CouchDB, is preferred. Experience with AWS implementation and operation management. Ad Tech experience is preferred.
• Have at least 8 years engineering experience
• Bachelor's in Computer Science or a related field. Masters or more a plus.
• Excellent communication/collaboration skills and a team-oriented mindset.