A new session for the 2019 Spring is Here Series 🌻
In open source, we create with open and distributed collaboration between peers. Contributors are the awesome people who make code or non-code contributions to a project! We'd like to make it easier for people to do this.
## Who is this for?
Whether or not you have contributed to an open source project, this is for you. Existing contributors will share practices of getting started contributing in open source. People who want to get started are coming to learn. Everyone will work on their open source stuff in a community setting and help other people do so too 💛
Bring your laptops and, if you can, have a Github account with a complete profile (photo, tagline) ready to go before you arrive. It's time for another session of learning!
We have ongoing mentors to help everyone learn. But we can't ever have too many people who want to help others learn, right?! So we always welcome new mentors.
## The Plan
* We're working through a curriculum to get you from "What is Github?" to publishing an open source npm module 🚀📦🚀
* We'll walk through two different projects (https://github.com/nodejs and https://github.com/nodeschool workshoppers)
* We'll discuss open source culture
* We'll bring some issues we plan to work on. You can work on those with us
* We'll help maintainers respond to issues and requests
* We'll do our typical open source stuff and help people join in too
## See you soon!
If you want to learn and/or help others learn how to contribute to open source over a casual Saturday morning, RSVP yes!