addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

North End Hikes and Walks with Dogs Message Board › Agility Practice?

Agility Practice?

Collene
SeaJaiy
Edmonds, WA
Post #: 1
With the deluge rains returning for winter, practicing agility skills outside is very unappealing. Are there any agility students who would like to share a practice time at one of the indoor facilities in the area? Often you can reserve 1/2 hour for $15 and have 2 handlers and 3 dogs. I only have 1 dog, so if someone else has 1 or 2 dogs we could split a reservation and save $$$$.
Susan Y
user 62945202
Seattle, WA
Post #: 3
Lexus loves agility... we're in
A former member
Post #: 2
Where is there indoor agility locally? I would love to try it with my dog but she doesn't really like other dogs so we might have to do it alone at first or let her watch and get used to the others at first.

Thanks
Matina
A former member
I would be interested in this. When are you thinking of doing it?
Collene
SeaJaiy
Edmonds, WA
The place I had in mind was the Four Paws Sports Center - http://www.fourpawspo...­. The drop-ins times they have are nice, but can quickly become chaotic if several dogs show up - so that's why I thought a private might be better. Short half-hours seem to work best for Jeb, but I'd be open to longer hour ones too. Of course we have to schedule around their other classes, but that still leaves a lot of options. I'm pretty flexible on times, and interested in doing something semi-weekly ongoing - let me know what times seem like they would work for you. For me, probably NOT Thursday (we have class that day) or Sunday, though.
Collene
SeaJaiy
Edmonds, WA
Just for completeness for Martina's question: Besides Four Paws, the other places I know about are The Canine FunZone (www.k9funzoneseattle.com) - but I've never been, so don't know if it is good or not, and Ahimsa in Ballard (http://ahimsadogtrain...­) - which is pricey! If someone knows other options, that would be great to know too!

Also for Martina - I'd recommend the training @ Ahimsa. We started in the Control Unleashed classes ( http://ahimsadogtrain...­) with Ali Johnson and they are great for pre-reqs before going into Agility. Ali is an extremely good trainer of all dog behavior, not just Agility and she might be able to help you get your dog more comfortable with other dogs. Ali also teaches Control Unleashed and Agility at Seattle Humane Society if their times/prices/location are better for you.
A former member
Thanks for all the info. I will definitely be looking into this and will try getting ahold of Ali.
Thank you
Matina
Collene
SeaJaiy
Edmonds, WA
Post #: 4
I'd like to do a practice tomorrow, Friday, Nov. 30 at Four Paws in Lynnwood. The times they have available that work for me are from 2:30 to 5:30P. Is there half hour time in that range that would work for anyone??
Collene
A former member
Hi Collene,
Thanks for this message - I can't make it today. But I will keep an eye out for your future plans (maybe later in December).
Amy