addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Northern San Diego Photography Collective Message Board › April Quotes, Classes and Workshops

April Quotes, Classes and Workshops

A former member

"To compose a subject well means no more than to see and present it in the strongest manner possible." - Edward Weston

"…it is seldom indeed that a composition which was poor when the picture was taken can be improved by reshaping it in the dark room." - Henri Cartier-Bresson

Composition is what separates art from snapshots. Artists are the first to admit they need to learn more about composition.
Learn composition from Gloria Hopkins, an award-winning photographer and author, via webinar. In 3 short hours, Gloria's unique method of compositional mapping will help you gain an understanding of the single most important tool for improving your photography.

"I believe there is no more creative medium than photography to recreate the living world of our time..." - Berenice Abbott

HDR Tools, Tips and Techniques webinar by Rob Sheppard. In just 3 hours, learn how to produce realistic HDR photos instead of garish, cartoonish caricatures. Rob is editor at Outdoor Photographer magazine, NatGeo writer/photographer and author of over 30 books on photography.

$2 Webinar on dSLR Exposure Basics - Message on San Diego Photography Meetup Group

Annual Desert Spring Wildflower and Macro Workshop - This weekend, March 26 & 27. Better hurry if you want to get one of the remaining spots.

Palomar College "Hands-On" Photoshoot Class - Saturday, April 3 from 9AM to Noon in Escondido. Learn and practice a variety of dSLR tips and techniques practically in your backyard.

Wild Animal Park "Hands On" Photoshoot Workshop - Saturday, April 9 from 9AM to Noon, includes entry to park. Limited to four students.

Wild Animal Park Butterfly Jungle Macro Workshop - Wednesday, April 13 from 9AM until Noon. Includes entry to park. Limited to four students.

Backyard Photography Workshop - Saturday, April 23 from 8AM to Noon in Escondido, limited to just four students. Master your dSLR in just 4 hours. Includes an optional hour of Photoshop/Photoshop Elements instruction.

I Hear and I Forget, I See and I Remember, I Do and I Understand - Chinese Proverb