addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The New York Times 100 Notable Books Club Message Board › Next week's Meetup location

Next week's Meetup location

Amanda
user 27922722
Washington, DC
Hi everyone, I hope you're all still planning to come to the Watergate discussion on the 15th. In the past we've met at Teaism in Penn Quarter, but many people have expressed dissatisfaction with the noise level and the cramped quarters.
I spoke to the manager at Bar di Bari, in the 14th St corridor, and he was willing to accommodate a group, depending on the size. At this point the place is still pretty quiet on weeknights, but it's a less accessible location (closest Metro is at 13th and U, which is about 5 blocks, but it's only the green and yellow lines). Its advantages are that it serves food as well as wine and beer, both of which group members wanted.
If any of you know of a better location, please suggest it--I am still fairly new to DC and don't know of many places that are (1) reasonably quiet and spacious, (2) serve food AND beer/wine without table service. The group in general is trying to find a regular location, so any place you might have in mind that fits these criteria is suitable.
Thanks and looking forward to seeing you!
Amanda