addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Nottingham Culture & Café Scientifique Message Board › Leadership Team Meeting

Leadership Team Meeting

Group Organizer
Nottingham, GB
Post #: 14
At the previous group meeting to discuss the handover, it was suggested that we have further leadership team meetings to enable the organisers (and any other members who wish to attend) to chat with each other about any issues, plans for the group or meetup suggestions. I recently held a meeting for the social activities group, which went very well. Some of the changes that will be applied to that group may also find a place in this one, and there are a few other points to discuss.

Organisers - we have many great organisers who arrange and run our many and varied events, however some aren’t as active in the group anymore. I would like a chance to speak to you all to make sure everyone is still happy as an organiser, and happy with their level (event, assistant, co) I have spoken to a few of you already about this. I’m also keen to speak to the Café Sci organisers, who I don’t know very well. This is purely to ensure our leadership team remains as committed and enthusiastic moving forward. I also hope we can gain some new organisers.

Events - I would like to add an arts element to the group, with visits to galleries, classical concerts, ballet etc and would like to see if anyone is interested in this, including possible hosts.

Possible name change - if people are keen on the arts aspect, the Nottingham book, film, art and Café Sci group is a bit longwinded.

Extra group slot - I have a vacant slot to start a new meetup group, several ideas have been floated but nothing has remained as a viable option so I am open to suggestions. 

Members - Anyone can join the group and participate, I welcome all new members. In the previous meeting the topic of member pictures and long term inactivity was raised. As the group is based around meeting people and participating in activities together I would like to return to our previous policy that all members (and especially organisers) should have a clear picture of themselves on their profile. If new members are unsure or nervous then I suggest they leave their picture blank. 

I would suggest a weekday evening, possibly a Friday again, over the next few weeks.

Thanks, James