Location visible to members
We will meet on Wednesday, Nov. 20th, at Scherzinger's. Please be sure to RSVP and let us know if you will be there in person or virtually. We will post a link to a GoToMeeting shortly before. (We have some folks who can't make Thursdays, so this may be our new time... but can't get the library then, so we are trying some new locations. Stay tuned.)
Joomla's Biggest Release Yet
Version 3.2 is a major upgrade, according to Paul Orwig of Open Source Matters, a nonprofit organization that provides organizational, legal and financial support for the Joomla open-source project. "The release is generating excitement, but also nervousness," he told CMSWire.com. "This is the biggest release we've done yet."
• Version Control - Enables a Joomla administrator to revert to an older version of content on a website and compare side-by-side to see what changes have been made.
• Rapid Application Development (RAD) - RAD simplifies the process for a developer to write their own Joomla extensions; apps that enhance a Joomla site like calendars, videos or polls
• Extension Finder - This simplifies the process of searching for and installing Joomla extensions by allowing users to do all that directly from within their admin view with just a few clicks. The previous processes included separate steps to first search for and download extensions to a desktop, and then log in to the Joomla admin view and install those extensions.
• Bcrypt - A strong encryption method that scrambles passwords stored in a Joomla website's database.
• Two-factor Authentication - In order for a change to be made to a Joomla website, there can be an optional requirement for a user to fill out another form of authentication (other than a username/password). Two-factor authentication can be anything like entering an auto-generated code that is texted to a person's mobile phone.
• User Interface Improvements- The new Joomla 3.2 administration interface is more streamlined and task-focused.
And more! See you there!
Here is the GoToMeeting information:
This caught me since my mind had been embedded in a project.
I am putting the GoToMeeting on Meetup now.
1. Please join my meeting, Wednesday, November 20, 2013 at 7:00 PM Eastern Standard Time.
2. Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended. Or, call in using your telephone.
Dial +1 (786)[masked]
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the meeting
Online Meetings Made Easy®