Mayor Mike says next week is Internet Week, so we got ourselves a super extra special one on Tuesday.
No new startups this time.
Instead, it's New York's Top Internet Companies........
* AlleyCorp (Kevin Ryan, CEO)
* DailyCandy (Catherine Levene, COO)
* Etsy (Rob Kalin, CEO)
* Huffington Post (Betsy Morgan, CEO)
* IAC (Joey Levin, SVP/M&A)
* The Ladders (Marc Cenedella, CEO)
* Meetup (G.Whalin, CTO & M.Voskoboynikov, Lead)
* Mimeo (CEO Adam Slutsky)
* Thumbplay (VP/BD Chris Phenner)
(There are other great internet companies born & bred in NYC, and maybe some top these. Who knows. This is an awesome group we slapped together. It's not an official list.)
Grill 'em, celebrate 'em. They gotta Get To The Demo like anyone.
IAC is graciously hosting cocktails! (Thanks IAC!)
== IMPORTANT DETAILS from Dawn Barber, our Co-Organizer ==
There's only room for 400 of us. Final 200 RSVP slots open tomorrow (Friday May 30th) at 12noon. You know how quickly they go, so be ready. http://newtech.meetup.com/1/
PLEASE REMEMBER 3 THINGS ABOUT RSVPs:
1. ONLY RSVP'D MEMBERS WILL BE ADMITTED. Be early (6:45!!), bring ID, and have $10 cash handy to keep the line moving. If you RSVP & don't show up, you're taking an in-demand spot from someone else and may be blacklisted in the future, so SHOW UP IF YOU'RE RSVP'd!
2. YOUR *NAME* AT http://www.meetup.com/account/
MUST BE YOUR FULL NAME BY 1:00PM Tuesday. RSVPs WITHOUT FULL NAMES WILL BE DELETED AFTER 1:15PM, making room for others.
3. VETERAN MEMBERS OF THE NY TECH MEETUP ONLY. Sorry, but since we're limited in space, we're going to make this one for members who've supported by previously attending. YOU WILL BE BOOTED OFF AS A NEW MEMBER. We'll welcome new members you next month! Again, sorry.
So, if you miss out on the 200 slots that open Friday at 12:00noon check back after 1:15pm on Tuesday for possible open spots from those who did not include their full name & company affiliation or are new members who were booted.
IF SOMEONE WANTS TO WEBCAST IT, go for it, and post it on the message boards so more people can see what happens.
As always, SPECIAL THANKS to the VC firm of DFJ Gotham http://www.dfjgotham.com/
, the law firm of Wilson Sonsini http://www.wsgr.com/
and IAC http://www.iac.com/
for their continued sponsorship of our NY Tech Meetup!
We ARE the NY Tech Community!