We'll meet downtown and ride uptown to the Museum of the City of New York for their annual Uptown Bounce festival. Admission to the event is free and includes lots of music, performances, tours, and activities. Food will be available for purchase.
Note that there's currently an AWESOME exhibit at the MCNY about cyling in NYC that you can view for free during the event.
We'll meet in front of the Barnes & Noble on the north side of Union Square (in front of the CitiBike racks) at 5:20pm (wheels down at 5:30pm). Feel free to join later, but I'm trying to get there before the crowds get too big.
This is a CitiBike-friendly ride if you have a membership (or chose to purchase a day pass).
Here's a recap of the event:
Summer of '69
At the Museum of the City of New York (1220 Fifth Ave at 104th Street)
From Woodstock to the first man on the moon, the Stonewall Riots to the launch of El Museo del Barrio, revisit the monumental summer of 1969.
- DJ Joey Carvello of Mobile Mondays! and DJ Woof spin disco, soul, salsa, and funk
- Live performance by Adam Riaz and Carlos Colon on bongos, timbales, clave, and more
- Free Art Activity: Mark your spot in the universe by decorating your own moon landing flag
- Free Admission: Check out our select exhibitions after hours with guided tours
- Summer drinks and snacks will be available for purchase from Amy’s Bread
More info here: