addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

NYC Cycling & Food Message Board › Sunday 7/8, Lower Eastside-Flushing ride

Sunday 7/8, Lower Eastside-Flushing ride

A former member
Post #: 206
Or another description, Chinatown (Manhattan) to Chinatown (Flushing) and back, about 15 miles each way, at a very leisurely pace.

Leaving from NYC (Sara Roosevelt ) Park building, Hester St. between Forsythe and Chrystie Sts) at 10 AM
Route is Williamsburg Bridge, Williamsburg, LIC, Astoria, northern Queens Laguardia Airport, and Flushing.

Passing by Socrates Sculpture Park in Astoria, so people in nearby area can meet us there and join in. I expect to pass by there around 10:45 - 11AM.

I'll be in front of Park Building by 9:30AM

The food option part:
Breakfast
Dumpling House at 118 Eldridge St, NY NY yards away from park building
My favorite: sesame pancake and fresh soy milk
http://newyork.cityse...­

Lunch/snack
Flushing Chinatown, need I say more? Any place with window seats, to keep an eye on my bike, will do.

Back to LES no later than 3PM

Ride will be cancelled if heavy thunder storm is in the forecast, will go on if occasional shower or light rain.

Please respond below if you are interested.
A former member
Post #: 1
Sounds like a great ride, Count me in!
A former member
Post #: 4
Sounds like a fun time ... don't know if my schedule will permit me to make it but if I can, I will. I'll prolly join in at the socrates sculpture garden if I join in, seeing as I live in Astoria.

best,
-Jose
LisaG
user 4085731
New York, NY
Post #: 1
can't make it. Taking the ferry to Sandyhook for the beach on sunday. Ferrry is $32 and leaves out of seaport. You can also bring bikes so I'm thinking of doing a bike trip out there in a few weeks when the water is wamer. We can have a picnic. They also have a "clothing optiona" beach for those of us that don't like tan lines...lol