addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The NYC Jazz Meetup Group Message Board › Harlem Jazz Club Recommendations

Harlem Jazz Club Recommendations

user 9514019
New York, NY
Post #: 1
Hi all!

I'm new to the board and looking for some advice! My boyfriend and I enjoy jazz music, although we are relative newbies to the scene. I'm planning a fun day for our anniversary and want to make our last stop a jazz club in Harlem.

Any recommendations?? We will most likely be going out on Sunday, May 24th or Saturday, May 30th.

I was thinking about St. Nick's Jazz Pub, although the late show (African Night) seems to be getting much more hype than the earlier show (Arlene Talley and the Crew) ... has anyone ever heard Arlene Talley?? It seems that the earlier show fits our timeframe much better. Also, has anyone ever heard Atiba Wilson's "B4" Quartet? They play at St. Nick's on Sunday nights.

Thanks so much!