Liberating Structures (http://www.liberatingstructures.com/) offer a revolutionary solution to collaboration in groups. Invented by Henri Lipmanowicz and Keith McCandless, Liberating Structures are a set of microstructures (33 at the moment) that use a handful of simple rules to unleash and involve everyone - no matter the size of the group.
Join Dana Pylayeva (https://www.linkedin.com/in/danapylayeva/ ) and
Robie Wood (https://www.linkedin.com/in/robie-wood-pmp-csm-spc-1561485/) to experience a small LS string - a set of Liberating Structures assembled for a specific outcome. Learn what you can make possible with Liberating Structures!
6:00 - 6:30 PM - Arrival and Networking
6:30 - 7:45 PM - Introduction to Liberating Structures
7:45 - 8:00 - Future plans, groups updates and goodbyes
***** THIS WORKSHOP IS CO-HOSTED WITH NYC LIBERATING STRUCTURES GROUP*****
**What becomes possible with Liberating Structures:**
- Teachers and educators sharing more freedom & responsibility in classroom to shape learning in partnership with one another
- Business and personal partners developing more capability to face down uncertainty with greater ease, imagination, and confidence.
- Leadership teams becoming more cohesive and able to tap into the collective intelligence of their people in a way that generates better than expected results
- Product & innovation groups finding ways to strengthen their portfolios and act with greater strategic and tactical agility
- Scientists and research engineers finding ways to synthesize and integrate the key insights from their deep domain expertise in order to generate novel ways of making progress on entangled problems (like climate modeling)
- Conference participants discovering longer term connections and ideas that endure over time
With over 31 years’ experience as a business leader, program manager and information technology practitioner, Robie Wood is specializing in Information Technology portfolio strategy and delivery with emphasis on building and leading strong Agile teams and organizations. He has led numerous programs and projects and currently leads Agile management support for the Consumer Products portfolio at Capital One Bank. Robie has served as a Scrum Master, Release Train Engineer, Agile Transformation Leader, Agile Coach, and Agile Trainer. Robie has presented at conferences and workshops on business intelligence, project management, and team agility. Prior to Capital One, Robie's clients have included federal, state and county governments as well as commercial entities in the financial and physical security industries. Robie can be reached at [masked] and can be followed on Twitter at @ImprovAgility
Dana Pylayeva is an Agile/DevOps Coach and Trainer with 18 years of experience in IT. She works with teams and organizations in US, Canada, Ireland, Japan and Russia as well as speaks internationally about DevOps, Agile and organizational culture.
Dana is the author of “Introduction to DevOps with Lego, Chocolate and Scrum Game” and the "Fear in the Workplace" game.
She is a certified Training from the Back of the Room trainer, Open Space facilitator, CSM, CSP, CSPO, Certified LeSS Practitioner and the founder of Big Apple Scrum Day conference in NYC.