addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

NYC Web Design Meetup Message Board › Next meeting place for February

Next meeting place for February

A former member
Post #: 2
There are a few places I think are best for meeting up next month.

SilkRoadMocha located at 30 Mott Street I think is perfect because its not too difficult to find, has many tables, is never really packed with plenty of seating for everyone.

It is a large clean visible bright space that sets it apart from other Chinatown spaces. Furthermore they even have a second sub level that is clearly visible from the outside, so we could put up a sign that the Webdesign meetup group is there. There is a decent number of outlets (but bring your own extension cord), and even free wireless.

They even have a basement area that is free to use for group events. Every Friday they host Teabag there. (www.teabagopenmic.com). Finally speaking to the owner, he more than welcomes group events, as long as someone buys a drink. No alcohol, just standard priced tea and light snacks comparable to Starbucks.
A former member
Post #: 7
Is this place handycap accessible?
A former member
Post #: 3
Yes it is. Also the Canal Street 6 line is handicap accessable as well.
A former member
Post #: 5
sounds good but I would like to hear about Precia's connection with NYU - get a full room, big tables, . . . good stuff. we can bring pizzas.
A former member
Post #: 8
sounds good but I would like to hear about Precia's connection with NYU - get a full room, big tables, . . . good stuff. we can bring pizzas.

I need to know what date for the next meeting to see if the room is available.
A former member
Post #: 13
I'm open to either location as long as the location is accessible for a wheelchair.
John
A former member
Post #: 4
The next meeting is Thursday, February 10th, at 6:30pm.

Precia,

Where can you get a room in NYU? People will have to sign in at the security desk as well as tell the security guard which event they're there to attend. Kimmel sounds like a good, easily recognizable place with plenty of room.
A former member
Post #: 6
please confirm date, I just just an email saying itt was scheduled for january 27.
A former member
Post #: 18
Precia:

What about the NYU location you mentioned?

-Tom
A former member
Post #: 13
Hi...
I was wondering if we had any news on a venue for Februarys meetng?...
Sounds like Precia's suggestion of meeting at NYU might be better probably very accessible.
Like Chris said get a room with tables and we can bring pizzas.
Sounds good to me...
John