addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

NYC Web Design Meetup Message Board › November NYC Web Design Meetup and Call for Volunteers

November NYC Web Design Meetup and Call for Volunteers

Jaron R.
jrubenstein
Group Organizer
New York, NY
NYC Web Design Meetup Members,

Thank you to everyone who answered my plea for help last month and provided many excellent recommendations for a new home for our Meetup.

I am thrilled to announce that AOL Ventures will be sponsoring our Meetup by providing us with a monthly meeting place at their wonderful downtown office.

AOL Ventures (http://www.aolventure...­) is the venture capital arm of AOL, focused on early stage investing in technology-centric consumer internet companies. They have a terrific space that can accommodate over 100 people, and we've scheduled our next few Meetups with them. Special thanks to Mike Brown Jr., Geoffrey Winchell, and Zachary Sims at AOL Ventures for making this happen!

Our next NYC Web Design Meetup will be:
Monday, November 15, 2010
7:00pm - 9:00pm
AOL Ventures

Please click here to RSVP:
http://www.meetup.com...­

If you are interested in presenting a website design for review/critique, or providing a more in-depth presentation to our group, please get in touch!

My vision for our NYC Web Design Meetup group has slowly begun to take shape, as the quality of our monthly speakers and meetings has continued to increase and our group has grown to nearly 2,000 members. With this larger meeting venue and AOL Ventures sponsorship, we have an even greater opportunity to improve the quality of our programming and provide more value to our members. To get to this next level, I am looking for a few good volunteers. This would be a minimal time commitment (just a few hours a month at most), and you would assist with tasks such as: recommending speakers for future meetings, seeking out websites for design critique, various meeting administravia, obtaining refreshments for the Meetup, seeking out new Meetup sponsors, and generally working to take our group to the next level. You will be thanked profusely, and have a hand in shaping the future of the NYC Web Design Meetup.

I will be holding a volunteers-only meeting next Monday, October 25, at 7:30pm for members interested in getting more involved with the NYC Web Design Meetup. Please email me privately at jaron-meetup@rubensteintech.com if you are interested and I will send you location details. Please note that next week's meeting is NOT a regular Meetup, this is ONLY FOR VOLUNTEERS.

I look forward to seeing everyone at our November Meetup,

-Jaron

--
Jaron Rubenstein, NYC Web Design Meetup Organizer
President, Rubenstein Technology Group
Email: jaron-meetup@rubensteintech.com

--
Please click here to RSVP for our November Meetup:
http://www.meetup.com...­