This is a full time, on-site, salaried UI Developer position located in New
York City paying $90,000-$120,000 depending on experience + benefits. No
telecommuting allowed. US Citizens or Green Card holders only please.
Local candidates only. Thank you.
My New York City client is looking for a talented User-Interface Developer
to help with the development effort for a new web based application. As a
developer you will be responsible for working with a talented team in
front-end and Grails on the back-end. In addition to the web app, we also
have an application across multiple mobile platforms. It is essential that
the right candidate be able to rapidly create working user-interfaces in an
agile development environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Work with other Software Developers to develop highly functional,
scalable, reliable web based applications.
Grails environment (Java/Groovy/Rails).
* Participate in requirement gathering and analysis activities from a
software developer perspective.
* Be skilled at progressing from problem statement and design documents to
* Translate high-level and low-level design documents into full fledged web
* Identify, recommend, and embrace open-source software development.
* Complete tasks and projects on time with minimal guidance.
Required Job Related Skills and Experience:
* Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
* Expert in user-interface development, preferably in a Java environment,
support of a JS library), cross-browser compatibility.
* Excellent teamwork skills as well as verbal and written communication
* Proficient in software tools such as Eclipse/IntelliJ is needed to
complete development projects successfully.
* Strong conceptualization skills and ability to provide workflow solutions
to complex problems.
* Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
* Strong categorization/data organization skills.
* Knowledge of basic data and workflow modeling methodologies.
* Must have experience and be able to work well in fast-paced, dynamic agile
Desired Job Related Skills and Experience:
* Experience with Grails or some related MVC framework.
* iCal and CalDav interfaces.
* Well versed in software change control and versioning.
* Rich experience in Object-Oriented Analysis and Design, UML methodology
and Design Patterns.
If you are interested in this job, please submit your resume and salary
requirements to beau[AT]open-source-staffing.com
Beau J. Gould
Open Source Staffing