addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

NYC Vegan EatUP Message Board › vegan families??

vegan families??

A former member
Post #: 2
HI Everyone!
we are a family of four, who recently relocated to NYC... in Los Angeles, we had a great vegfriend club happening.. basically we'd get together for playdates/ and have a vegan potluck one day during the week... then every so often we'd have a weekend potluck.... are there any vegan families here ? i'm looking to hook up with other people that have kids ... or for a kid friendly type of meet up...

sooo.. anyone??
hubby and I have been married 12 years, we have one boy and one girl (8 & 6)

we spend a lot of time in Central park , the natural history museum and the met....
oh, and we homeschool, so we are available during the week.

basically, we are just hoping to find some like minded friends! =)
A former member
Post #: 3
> basically we'd get together for
> playdates/ and have a vegan potluck
> one day during the week...

Check this out:

http://www.satyamag.c...­

pointers to:

- Raw Food Potluck the first Sat of the month
- Queens-based vegan potluck 2nd Sat. of the month
- etc.

> i'm looking to hook up with other people that have kids

I have a vegetarian friend in brooklyn that has a cute 6 month old, but that's about it for my friends w/kids in NY area.

A friend of mine home-schooled her kids till high school, at which point they wanted to go to outside school. was a totally great experience for both her and her kids.

Welcome to New York!

Ben
A former member
Post #: 5
THANKS BEN!!
I'd been meaning to get a SATYA mag, but hadn't gotten around to it.. I didn't know about that link.. that's a great resource! thank you for posting!
=)
jenni