addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

NYC Vegan EatUP Message Board › vegan beauty

vegan beauty

A former member
Post #: 1
does anyone know of a purely vegan brand of makeup, or even better, a cosmetics store that sells purely vegan stuff? I'm having trouble finding brands that don't test on animals nor have any animal ingredients.

Most of the information i've found online is messy and only has one of the two bits of information. Or they just list the companies that do test on animals and/or which ingredients are animal derived.

Please, help me stay lazy by not having to read all of the ingredients. and help my frustration level since i want to buy makeup and it seems like there are bits of animals in everything! In return for your help...i will enhance the emvironment with my beauty.
A former member
Post #: 4
does anyone know of a purely vegan brand of makeup, or even better, a cosmetic...

Never shopped there but my vegan guide to new york city lists
Lifethyme as carrying "cruelty free cosmetics"

There are two:

1. 8th street and 6th ave
2. Broadway btw 81st and 82nd

Also browse the "places to shop" sections of the Insider's guyide to vegetarian new york city.

good luck!

Ben
A former member
Post #: 5
one more idea.

have you checked out urban decay?

http://www.urbandecay...­

No first hand experience. The only thing i know about them is that one of their founders was also the co-founder of Cisco Systems!

From urban decay's site:
" Maybe you love how our Cruelty-Free Brushes are SUPER soft, but you might not know that we searched high and low for the perfect synthetic fiber. As a result, you apply your Shadows effortlessly, and no little animals are hurt. (we DON'T do animal testing. How could anyone?)"

As further sign of their creds, they gave lipstick samples away at the recent helping animals conference in NY (sponsored by PETA).

hth,

Ben
A former member
Post #: 2
thanks, for the suggestions!
i looked on their site, and though it says that they don't test on animals, they did not claim no animal ingredients. I'll do more research on them though. and i'll check out that book! maybe it contains the perfect company!
A former member
Post #: 3
For those interested in the same question i was, i found a site that lists vegan cosmetics http://pw2.netcom.com...­'ll probably get the book after i can sucessfully pay my rent!the vegan companies havea smiley face
A former member
Post #: 1
You might also check out www.lush.com.

No animal testing, and much of their products are vegan.

They don't have a store in NYC (?), but are known the world over.