addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

NYC Vegan EatUP Message Board › General Comments

General Comments

Pei-Cen
plincpa
Flushing, NY
Post #: 1
Thank you for reading -

First, I would like to thank Demetrius for volunteering to act as the Organizer for NYC Vegan Meetup Group.

Second, I would like to comment that I don't have a preference to whether we dine in a vegan restaurant or a non-vegan restaurant. I believe our goal is to enjoy each other's company, make new friends, try new food and take away a new experience. All wonderful things!

Third, Our presence at any restaurant makes a powerful statement. It is that society should re-evaluate their insensitivity to this group, its cause and its needs.

Fourth, (This point may be hard to digest for some people, but who am I to make that decision for you.) The truth is - many vegetarian/vegan restaurants are ran by insensitive non-vegan entreprenuers. We are just another target market in the food business. The good news is that we've gain enough platform to be recognized as a target market. Hope that make you feel better. Please feel free to comment. I will gladly provide further substantiation.
Demetrius
aqknight
Group Organizer
Astoria, NY
Post #: 24
Great perspective, and points - thanks.

I am listening & reading the various RSVPs, emails, board messages, etc. to understand particular desires, needs, and preferences of our Meetup's members. What really helps immensely are location suggestions that

*serve Noon on Saturdays
*welcome and easily accomodate a dozen or more people at the same table
*offer a variety of vegan items
*price their items moderately
*are easy to find

Chow,
Demetrius