2 West 64th St. , (at Central Park West), NY
Putting a Price on Carbon
Monday, December 5, 6:30 - 8:45 PM
NY Society for Ethical Culture, 2 West 64th St., NY NY 10023
Join us for this educational forum on a wide range of issues related to putting a price on carbon. Organized by 350NYC. Hosted by NYC Grassroots Alliance.
• What are the scientific, economic and ethical arguments in favor of a carbon tax?
• What are the practical and political barriers to implementation?
• How should climate activists in NYC organize around these challenges?
- Dr. James Hansen, Director, Climate Science Awareness and Solutions Program at Columbia University Earth Institute
- Charles Komanoff, Director, Carbon Tax Center
- Cecil Corbin-Mark, Deputy Director and Director of Policy, WE ACT for Environmental Justice
- Robert Werner, Citizens' Climate Lobby
- Mark Dunlea, 350NYC / Green Education and Legal Fund
Moderator: Jannette Barth, Ph.D. - Activist , Economist and Managing Director, Pepacton Institute LLC.
RSVP on Eventbrite:
Updates and comments on Facebook: