addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The NYC Running, Health, Fitness, and Sports Group! Message Board › Hi I'm new and looking to get into the group

Hi I'm new and looking to get into the group

A former member
Post #: 1
I enjoy running along the east river but I want to get back into doing the Central Park Run. I'd love to make some friends in the city. I could definitely use some motivators!

I've ben running casually for a few years. Currently running about 3 miles a few times a week but I'd like to get super cereal and do a lot more. My current pace is probably 9min miles.

I'm interested to know how this works. Are the meets only once a week? Are they always at 3rd and 62nd? I could never figure out how Roadrunner groups work. I'm finally trying to put the effort into running more socially. I'd like to find a group that runs around 5:30-8pm weekdays near the reservoir entrance at 90th st. Maybe one day I'll find the motivation to get up at 7am and go in the mornings instead. I'm willing to travel for some meet ups but I'd love to find a group in my area.

Any tips/feedback would be greatly appreciated :)