addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

NYC Reiki & Spiritual Healing Events Message Board › Western vs Japanese Reiki

Western vs Japanese Reiki

A former member
Post #: 40
*Deeds are the criteria of a good Reiki practitioner and a good Teacher. Your mental, verbal and bodily needs, i.e., what you think, what you speak and what you do are of the greatest importance.?

Reiki Master/Teacher Responsibility

Being a Reiki Master/Teacher is a big responsibility, we owe to give our students the most honest and accurate information that we can provide in order for them to be well informed.

When I was new to Reiki, I was almost turned off not by Reiki but by a Reiki teacher who I thought wasn't Reiki

Western vs. Japanese Reiki

There are so many books written about Reiki and there are so many authors who claimed that their findings are the best. As a society living in America, we are so blessed to have the best opportunities to look for different resources in search for truth. I believe that being authentic is very important in any profession/career choice.

Reiki Lineage
I will quote Hyakuten Inamoto Sensei:

"Reiki lineage is a very important part of the Reiki system, but it is not everything.

*Neither of these is better or worse than the other. Neither is ?stronger? or ?weaker." Neither is ?more advanced or less advanced.?

*By lineage a Reiki practitioner is not noble. By lineage, a Reiki practitioner is not superior. By lineage, a Reiki practitioner is not ignoble. By lineage, a Reiki practitioner is not inferior.

*Deeds are the criteria of a good Reiki practitioner and a good Teacher. Your mental, verbal and bodily needs, i.e., what you think, what you speak and what you do are of the greatest importance.?

***By deed, a Reiki practitioner is noble. By deed, a Reiki practitioner is superior. By deed a Reiki practitioner is ignoble. By deed a Reiki practitioner is inferior. ***

Reiki is not a competition.

Reiki is both a therapeutic and spiritual practice. Reiki is a heavenly gift given to us by Usui Sensei. Reiki is a blessing that anyone can learn and is to be made available for the good of mankind.

Reiki Meetup
Our Reiki Meetup is one way to share information and learn from each other.

at the center of your being
you have the answer
you know who you are and
you know what you want
-Lao Tzu

Love and light to all,
Lilia V. Marquez, R.N., BSN, CCRN, RMT, IARP
Certified Critical Care Registered Nurse
Holistic Nurse
Amma Therapeutic Massage Therapist
Usui Reiki Ryoho Reiki Master/ Teacher
Registered Reiki Master/ Teacher