This group is all about building a positive relationship and bond with your dog through science based training and benevolent leadership with fun activities and events. We host monthly meetings so that you can work on your dog's loose leash walking, socialization, and/or reactivity challenges in a relaxed environment and with guidance from the organizer or other members of meetup group. We are here to have fun and make every experience with our dogs a mutually enjoyable one for both handler and dog. We are offering some basic obedience classes as well. The bulk of the classes are related to helping your dog attain the skills necessary to achieve Canine Good Citizen, an AKC-recognized title. The skills of CGC should be something every dog owner strives for. We offer all CGC classes as small classes so that you get personal attention and help during each class. We offer free training classes for foster dogs of rescue groups and shelters as we strive to be a community training resource for the homeless animals. We ask as a member that you promise to:
1. Be loyal to the absent and treat one another with kindness. We have no patience for drama or pettiness.
2. Breed discrimination is not tolerated. We love all dogs, big and small.
3. Class sizes are limited! If you RSVP, please honor it.
4. Always bring: Water, potty bags, high-value treats or toy items, and always bring a good attitude
5. Respect of other dog/handler teams is a must. Your dog should only meet other dogs when invited to do so by its handler. Please ask before you assume!
6. No retractable leashes.
7. One dog per handler for most events. If you would like special consideration, please email the organizer.
8. Please keep dogs that are in training in collars or harnesses they cannot escape from. The absolute worst thing would be to lose a dog at an event. Please be patient as this group develops and grows.
If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions, please let me know.
This meet up is open for all dog lovers (you don't have to have a dog), owners, adopters, rescuers, volunteers, who are seeking the balanced relationship between dogs and human, raising the awareness of the importance of dog training and responsible dog ownership.
The meet up events include but not limited to: Dog Obedience Training; Dog Agility Training; Dog Rehabilitation; Off-leash adventures; Skijoring; BikeJoring; etc
Locations of the meetups -Staten Island South Beach Area. When joining this Meetup group, please post a picture of your dog as your profile picture.
Meet Up group are safe, therefore, everyone must keep their dogs up to date with all vaccinations and only join the pack if there is no history of uncontrollable aggressive behavior. By joining the group, you agree to release the groups organizer and members from any and all liability with regard to group activities. You are responsible for your dog at all events and agree to keep your dog under control.