Community Manager, Mozilla Open Badges, Job Description
happens everywhere, not just in the classroom. But it's often difficult to get recognition for skills and achievements that happen outside of school. Mozilla's Open Badges is working to solve this problem, making it easy for anyone to issue, earn and display badges across the web - through a shared infrastructure that is free and open to all.
Open Badges is a Mozilla Foundation project and our team is distributed. You'll be a joining a team that represents many cities across the US from Portland, ME to Los Angeles, CA.
Our team is an enthusiastic and pro-active group with diverse backgrounds and interests,. but we have a common passion - finding solutions to make learning, education and opportunities more accessible to all.
We are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic community manager that can join our team. As a community manager of
Mozilla Open Badges, you will be responsible for actively engaging with our community of badge issuers and displayers, providing support in their efforts, and helping to improve the Open Badges product.
We are also looking for someone with experience growing, managing and engaging online communities and understand and empathize with their needs.
This is a 6 month full-time contractor position with possibility for extension.
- Interact with our users and become a critical member of our community
- Provide support to partners; guidelines on a badge system design, how to plug into the OBI, how to bake badges, etc.
- Collaborate with matrixed team comprised of product, engineering,
design, and learning, on opportunities and user needs, thereby ensuring partner and community support
- Be able to create and execute compelling projects that engage our community and help curate relevant content.
- Ensure community members have a great and engaging user experience
- Drive efforts to streamline and optimize engagement
- Follow and understand emerging trends and technology to be able to make product and program recommendations
- Passionate about Mozilla and our vision
- Self-motivated, self-starter
who can be creative and execute projects with little supervision
- Strong focus on product and community engagement
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to inhabit Mozilla's brand personality in communications
- Proven ability to work well with others, adapt and excel under pressure
- Experience with web communities and content