What we're about
Upcoming events (1)
This is a PAID event.
Registration is required: https://aiplus.training/live/natural-language-processing-in-python/
Instructor's bio: Matt Brems, Global Lead Data Science Instructor | General Assembly
Matt is currently Managing Partner and Principal Data Scientist at BetaVector. His full-time professional data work spans finance, education, consumer-packaged goods, and politics and he earned General Assembly's 2019 "Distinguished Faculty Member of the Year" award. Matt earned his Master's degree in statistics from Ohio State. Matt is passionate about responsibly putting the power of machine learning into the hands of as many people as possible and mentoring folx in data and tech careers. Matt also volunteers with Statistics Without Borders and currently serves on their Executive Committee as the Marketing & Communications Director.
How many times a day do you use search engines or autocorrect? Do you translate text from one language to another? Getting computers to understand language like humans understand language is the key to solving many problems. However, there are so many things to learn! This course is the perfect place to start. We'll start by defining natural language processing (NLP) and exploring its uses. We'll see how NLP is biased and how to proactively reduce bias. We'll understand the process of tackling NLP problems, including cleaning text data and converting it so that we build models with text data. We'll cover vectorizers, hyperparameters, and pipelines. You'll come away with a full understanding of how to tackle an NLP problem. All of this will be done in Python! You'll know how to do these things in Python, because we'll do them together. If you don't have a strong Python background right now or if you don't know much about machine learning yet, that's OK! We'll assume no prior knowledge and get you set up. This is perfect for beginners, those who want to learn how to do these things in Python, and/or those who want to refresh their skills.
1. Introduction to Natural Language Processing (NLP)
2. Cleaning Text Data
3. Converting Text Data to Model Features
4.Hyperparameters in NLP
5. Machine Learning with Pipelines in NLP
Which knowledge and skills you should have?
- We assume no background in NLP
- All code is written in Python, so the experience is helpful. However, solutions are provided so a Python background is not required
- Some experience with machine learning is helpful, but not necessary
What is included in your ticket?
1. Access to the live training and a QA session with the Instructor
2. Access to the on-demand recording
3. Certificate of completion
[November]ODSC West - additional 5% with ODSCCommunity discount code - https://bit.ly/3fGU0sS
• Get free access to more talks/trainings like this at AI+ Training platform:
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OPENDATASCI
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/odsc & @odsc
• LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/open-data-science
• Slack Channel: http://bit.ly/2RkOf9l
• Europe Conference June 8th - 10th: https://odsc.com/europe/
• West Conference November 15th - 18th: https://odsc.com/california/
• Code of conduct: https://odsc.com/code-of-conduct/