So this one is for all you flash newbies out there. If you joined this group to find out what all the hoopla of off-camera flash is about, this event is for you.
This will be a basic introduction to flash lighting, so that you can begin to envision how to make it work with YOUR photography.
• different flash modes and the various buttons and dials
• ambient light vs fill light vs. main light
• how to control the quantity and quality of the flash
• diffusion and bouncing
• what it means to take your flash off-camera
• how to trigger the flash wirelessly
We will spend the better part of the class reviewing equipment and demonstrating techniques. You will have the opportunity to shoot so do bring your cameras.
No specific experience required to participate, however to get the most out of this class you should know how to operate your camera in manual mode and have an understanding of f/stops, shutter speed. This introductory class will use Nikon equipment for demonstration, but the principles apply to all flash models.