Want to take an adventure out to Reno and see what it's all about as well as get your skiing/boarding in over President's Day weekend? Well Cliff and Kevin do so come kick it with us. Basically this trip is about two things and two things only. Kicking it and skiing/boarding. That's it, no frills, no complication, just doing it big. Here are the details:
- Leave out Friday 2/17 coming back Monday 2/20.
- Friday schedule- get in when you want. Cliff and I will host a champagne and liquor set in our room (we'll have suite set up). After drinks at Kevin and Cliffs room, join us at BuBinga Lounge inside the Eldorado Casino for Skyy High Fridays! Pay $10 at the door and enjoy the open Skyy Vodka Bar from 10pm till midnight!!!
- Saturday schedule- Ski Mount Rose, most people have never skied it so let's try something new. On Saturday night, fellas put on a jacket, ladies do what you always do (look nice) and we'll have a reservation setup for a nice dinner at the Roxy Bar & Restaurant. We'll try to make happy hour at the Roxy Bar as they have $5 martinis until 6 p.m. We'll head up to the restaurant afterwards. Its supposedly the best restaurant in Reno with great people watching, great food, and over 100 types of martinis.After dinner around 11pm... we'll go to Tonic Lounge (231 W. Second St. Reno, NV 8950)- a modern bar that features frequent live entertainment from touring acts.
- Sunday schedule- - Ski NorthStar (for those that can get up from the night before).
- Sunday Evening-two options
- Option 1: The Onyx Downtown Reno Pub crawl and Casino tour....Basically tour every casino bar and play some slots or roulette.
- Option 2: We are can go kick it at the http://www.freighthouse.com . This is an entertainment complex which sits adjacent to Aces Ballpark, it has several bars, restaurants and some nights live music in the courtyard. We can grab food, bar hop, and chill.
- Monday - Go home, or go ski one more time then go home.
- Monday Night - Reflect on how dope President's Day Weekend was kicking it with your boys.
The Money - Basically you'll take care of everything yourself(selves). The only thing that should need to be split in terms of cost is the bottle service, the gas cost (see below), and of course your meal at dinner Saturday night. Now if you don't want to participate in any of that, that's cool too, just do your thang.
The Ride out to Reno - Find one and work it out. Drive yourself or ride with others but you're on own figuring it out. Cliff and I both have SUVs. He can take himself +3 and I can take myself +3 depending on luggage and equipment. He and I both should have ski racks on our cars by that point. Of course, carpoolers split the gas cost. Talk to your potential driver about their specific costs. First come first serve in terms of reserving a spot in the car. Also he's in San Leandro and I'm in Uptown Oakland so if you're rolling with us, its your responsibility to get to us and we'll drive from there.
The Hotel - We're going to staying at the Peppermill resort hotel http://www.peppermillreno.com/. You don't have to stay there if you don't want to, but since Cliff and I will essentially be hosting the "get you right spot before you go to the club" in our room (among other party activities there), you'll probably want to stay at the Peppermill. As I mentioned he and I are getting a suite but you can do what's best for you. Note that you can have as many people in the room as your feel comfortable and split the costs. TOTAL (NOT PER NIGHT, TOTAL FOR 3 NIGHTS) costs for rooms there as of 1/26/2011 ranged from $350-$650. (Note I just got my room and the total with taxes for the three nights was $361.57)
Please note that's not counting $12/nt resort fee and 13% tax on rooms. Here's the link for the hotel: http://www.peppermillreno.com/
The Skiing - Basically those two locations were chosen b/c Cliff and I haven't been there. Check out www.lifttickets.com for discounts. Also SportsBasement and Snowbomb.com usually come correct on some discounts for lift tickets.
The Entertainment/Nightlife - Neither of us have been to Reno which is why we want to go. We figure worst case, if the local situation is wack, we'll set it off ourselves. But a lot of hotels are sold out there so something must be cracking. Cliff is doing the research on where to go and what not so that we have the place right. Please let us know after you RSVP is you're trying to do dinner, the club/bottle service, neither or both so that we can count you in the reservation.
A friendly (and basic) few ground rules:
- If you're rolling, you must be friendly, easy going and down to get it in ("it" being have a fun time). If you're going to bed at 10pm this is probably the wrong meetup for you.
- That said, you don't have to do any of the said itinerary above particularly if you're driving yourself. As I mentioned we're all grown and you can do what you want, no pressure, no questions asked.
- Finally ski/snowboard or come learn. Its fun, interactive, and makes your nightlife activity after the mountain (apres ski) that much more enjoyable because you feel like you've earned it. Cliff is a boarder and I'm a skier.
If you have questions on logistics and skiing/boarding detail hit Kevin (Kham) up. If you have a question on anything other than logistics/skiing (e.g. nightlife/activities and all activities after 5pm), hit Cliff up.
---Update 2/1/2012 9am---
A few questions have been asked out there about the alcohol situation. Treat the drinking at the hotel like you're going to a house party. Cliff and I will spend on some starter beverages (primarily stuff we like) to share but you should bring something you like to sip on to share as well. As per usual fellas especially should never show up empty handed.
Cliff is still looking into a little bottle service action Saturday night somewhere. He'll need to know who's down to split the cost on that and who just wants to do their own thing.
That should be it on the alcohol.
Also as far as the skiing/boarding, where you go and if you go one day both days or none is entirely up to you. We put Mt Rose and Northstar up as guidelines but if you're deadset on going to Squaw or something its all good just work it out with whomever you're riding with...completely your call. I can tell you I (Kevin) will be doing Mt Rose and Northstar for sure Saturday and Sunday respectively.