What's Code Across ?
A weekend of civic events across the country where technologists and community partners connect to tackle local challenges by adapting existing solutions and building new ones with technology and open data.
Join fellow Code for America Brigades around the world to celebrate International Open Data Day at Code Across!
What we're working on:
- Improving the interface of Cleveland's Snow Ban Parking Map
- Digitizing microfilm from the Cleveland Public Library!
- Map your neighborhood in Cleveland or Akron (http://www.opencleveland.org/snowban/)
- Working with Hack Cleveland to improve the CleConsentDecree.com
- Working on a project (https://github.com/opencleveland/drocer) to develop user-friendly, searchable access to the City Record, the documentation of the proceedings of City Council and public announcements from key City Boards.
We will be working on the project from actually digitizing the city record to parsing it and making it searchable for everyone. People of all skill levels are invited.
Programming experience is not necessary!
A laptop is encouraged but not required.
Open Cleveland is a Code For America Brigade. To learn more about us, visit
To learn more about Code For America and Brigades, visit http://www.codeforamerica.org/brigade/about
All Open Cleveland Events are under our Code of Conduct (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Efp-sZpmiuscsTtxeCjkHk5X5JUpF93G1cf0vrvMFxI/edit?usp=sharing)