Missing Maps (http://www.missingmaps.org/)
• To map the most vulnerable places in the developing world, in order that international and local NGOs and individuals can use the maps and data to better respond to crises affecting the areas.
• To support OpenStreetMap, specifically the Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team (HOT), in developing technologies, skills, workflows, and communities.
• No experience required
How to get started?
•Step 1 Create an Open Street Map account (https://www.openstreetmap.org/login) How to video (http://www.missingmaps.org/contribute/)
• Learn OSM (http://learnosm.org/)
• Teach OSM (http://teachosm.org/)
• Contributing to a Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team task (https://gist.github.com/meetar/b9929dfec129d1d7f5f2)
• Missing Maps: Machakos, Kenya (http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/1234)
• Instructions for Missing Maps workshop (http://files.meetup.com/10575592/MissingMaps%20-%20Ottawa.pdf)
What to bring?
• Laptop (with a keyboard + mouse)
• JOSM Installed (http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/JOSM/Installation) (optional)
More details to follow.