addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Whole Foods & Organic Foods, Healthy Living Group Message Board › Affordable Organic Produce Sources? Wholesale Organic Produce?

Affordable Organic Produce Sources? Wholesale Organic Produce?

A former member
Post #: 649
I am a raw vegan, and I eat a lot of produce. I used to run a non-profit organic produce co-op in CA, and have noticed a big decline in my health since I moved to TX 1.5 years ago and stopped eating so much organic produce.

Where is a really great place to buy affordable, fresh, preferably local organic produce? Are there any wholesalers in the area? I used to be a member of Rawfully Organic co-op in Houston, but it didn't work out for me (too expensive, too far, schedule conflicts). There are a couple of small co-ops in my area, but they are all way too expensive.

In order to get the best prices, I am even considering starting a very small co-op of my own (maybe 6 people, with no markup on produce), but I can't find a wholesaler and I have had a really hard time getting a hold of local farmers.

I live near Bush Airport.
Thanks for your help.

Alexis
Ann
user 91918862
Houston, TX
Post #: 1
Hi Alexis, I would like to know if you've found any wholesale organic produce yet. My families are interested in joining you. Hopefully we'll have enough households so we can buy organic products in bulk.