A place where Sportbike riders can talk, meet, share pictures, create local meetings or events, sell motorcycle parts, share mechanical knowledge, or just ask another rider to join in on a ride. Most people in the group have Sportbike but all types are welcome.
As an active riding group we require that you attend at least 2 OSR rides per month( unless you are out due to break down or injury). Do not go too far off topic (no trolling, advertising, etc.). Do not harass other members regarding safety gear, if you are asked then feel free, but keep it respectful. If you own a business this is not the place for you to advertise unless you are a sponsor of the group (This does not apply to someone giving a recommendation of a particular business based on their own experience). You are welcome to sell motorcycle parts, or ask for help on anything related to motorcycles. The point is to keep this group for what it is intended to be, a friendly place to meet other riders. Breaking these rules will lead to your removal from this group.
* You are welcome to create your own event. If an event you create is more catered to advanced riders, please note it so inexperienced riders are made aware. The same holds for events that will be more relaxed and slow let people know so you attract people with the same desire.
* If you put yourself as 'GOING' to an event, please make sure you are actually going. It will make it easier for everybody. Many events require tremendous planning on the part of the host and it would be greatly appreciated if you honor your commitment if it becomes a problem with no-shows you will be warned and if it continues you will be removed from the group.
* If you are just looking to do a ride, make a post on the group page asking who would like to ride and where.
* During all rides you are responsible for yourself and any passenger with you. You are expected to ride in a safe and respectful way, keeping yourself and your fellow riders safe. Failure to follow these rules will result in people not wanting to ride with you. If you continue to ride in an unsafe manner you will be removed from the group. Whoever sets up the ride will set the rules for their ride, and you are expected to follow them. Some of the guidelines to keep in mind when riding as a group would be stay in staggered formation when riding in the same lane. During turns fall in to single file. Never pass in the same lane. Never pass when riding in formation unless you are waved on. If you exit formation you can only join the formation at the rear of the line. Lastly the group cannot be held responsible for anything that happens to any of the riders who attend, as always you need to ride in your level not someone else’s.
* An introduction of yourself would be greatly appreciated (i.e., where you ride, what you ride, how long have you been riding).
* Last but not least - HAVE FUN! And keep the rubber side down!
Membership is open to everyone
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members
Sunday, December 18, 2016 7:00 AM