1 day Osho Meditation Workshop - Jan 26, 2012
"Meditation cannot be a fragmented thing. It should be a continuous effort. Every moment one has to be alert, aware and meditative. But the mind has played a trick. You meditate in the morning and then you put it aside. Or you pray in the temple and then forget it. Then you come back to the world, completely unmeditative, unconscious, as if walking in a hypnotic sleep. This fragmented effort won't do much.
Consciousness is a continuum. It is like a river, flowing constantly. If you are meditative the whole day, every moment of it - and only when you are meditative the whole day - the flowering will come to you." - Osho
The tentative schedule for the Saturday's event is:
- 8:30 – 8:45 am Welcome and Registration
- 8:45 – 10.00 am Osho Dynamic Meditation
- 10:00 – 10:15 am Silence
- 10:15 – 11:00 am Awareness Breakfast
- 11:15 – 1:30 pm Discourse and Session I (Stop Meditation)
- 1:30 - 3:00 pm Lunch and Rest
- 3:00 – 4:00 pm Osho Video Discourse and Meditation session - II
- 4:00 - 4.15 - Break
- 4:15 – 5:30 pm : Kundalini Meditation
- 5.30 - 6.00 - Break
- 6:00 – 7:00 pm Osho Evening Celebration
** Schedule is tentative and will be adjusted according to need.
Wear loose colorful clothes or meditation robes and come on an empty stomach.
Clean drinking water is provided.
- Bring your own towels.
- Bring your own shawl to keep warm
- In consideration to people with sensitivities, please refrain from wearing any perfumes and/or fragrances during the meditations
- Please bring a blind fold, it immensely helps in centering.
- Please bring maroon and white robes, if you have them, also available at the center
You do not need yoga mats as meditation cushions are provided.
Please arrive 10-15 minutes earlier for getting necessary instructions on meditations.The suggested love donations for the event is 25$ , which includes Breakfast, vegetarian lunch, afternoon organic herbal tea and whole day of meditations with a loving, caring group of fellow meditators.
You can join us from the morning (highly recommended) or join us for some of these sessions as your schedule permits. If you are joining in from in-between please text us or call us so that you don't come when some meditation session is going on.
Location / Walking directions of the Meditation Center :
- N or Q train from 42nd Street, Times Square,directed to Ditmars Boulevard ( get off the train on the last stop)
- Walk north-east on 31st street towards Ditmars Blvd.
- Turn left at Ditmars Blvd.
- Walk from 31st street straight to 19th street in Ditmars Blvd.
- Turn right at 19th street towards 21st Drive.
- Turn left at 19th street and 21st drive to get to 18-52 block,
- Walk down the stairs and knock on the 2nd door.
Upcoming Meditations/Celebrations at Osho Sadhana Meditation Center.
- Feb 2, 9 - 1 day meditation retreat at Osho Sadhana MC
It was a beautiful celebration on Jan 19 on the occasion of Osho's Mahaparinirvan day. Some glimpses are here