- Could a PSU Capstone Team Help Your Startup?
Join us for an overview of the PSU Capstone program for Business Seniors, presented by Bill Jones. Are you just starting or in the early stages of your business & need help with business organizational strategy, corporate incorporation, market research, accounting set-up, financial forecasting & ROI, branding, staffing, supply chain, etc., just to name a few? If so, then PSU’s School of Business has just the answer. They offer business consulting services that are tailored specifically to your needs & goals. These services are provided by Senior business students (often their last requirement before graduating) who work in teams to provide business services customized to your specific needs. All services are completed within an 11 week period. Importantly, THE SERVICES ARE FREE!!! They simply ask in return that you be an engaged client (i.e., meet periodically with your project team, attend a few presentations, review/comment on a few deliverables, fill out a client experience survey end of term). Your engagement is to your advantage anyway since such engagement will only add value to the services they perform.
- Lunch 2.0 at OTBC
Join us for pizza at this Portland Startup Week event - in Beaverton! We suggest you use the map at http://www.otbc.org/directions to see where to park. Use the lot on Rose Biggi Ave. and use the building entrance that is on Rose Biggi Ave. OTBC is up stairs and to the left - Suite 260. Please RSVP at the Portland Startup Week meetup page: https://www.meetup.com/Portland-Lunch-2-0/events/259391143/
- Could a PSU Capstone Team Help Your Startup?
Would you like free business consulting services to help you launch your business? At this brown-bag lunch Bill Jones, Ph.D. (PSU Capstone Coordinator) will explain how it works. PSU offers to eligible clients business consulting services that are designed around your needs and goals. They will work in many areas including marketing, finance, accounting, HR, management, supply chain, and advertising. Learn more at this free brown-bag lunch event. Please RSVP on Meetup.com. What: Learn about how/why to get a PSU Capstone team When: Friday, Oct. 5, noon-1pm Where: OTBC, 3800 SW Cedar Hills Blvd, STE 260, Beaverton. (See our map at http://www.otbc.org/directionsk for directions, where to park, how to get here on MAX, and which building entrance to use.)
- OEN/OTBC Startup 411 - How to Start
Got an idea for a startup, but don’t know where to start? This workshop, held jointly by OEN and OTBC, will provide you with: - A checklist of where to get started - A review of common mistakes entrepreneurs make and how to avoid them - An overview of startup funding options (and realities) - An overview of resources available to entrepreneurs - Answers to some of the basic questions that always come up, including protecting your idea, finding co-founders, and more! Boxed lunch and beverages included. Cost: $25 for OEN members and $50 for non-members RSVP at the OEN website: https://www.oen.org/calendar-events/411-august-2/
- Virtual Incubation Program Online Information Session
• What we'll do New: the $1,000 VIP Challenge! The Virtual Incubation Program (VIP) helps entrepreneurs in rural Oregon start companies through entrepreneur training, mentoring, and introductions. It's delivered online, so you can participate from anywhere you can get a reasonable internet connection. The spring session kicks of on April 5, and we're open for registrations now, and you can learn more at our March 8 online information session. New this year: we'll offer a cash prize of $1,000 to the participating company that, at the end of the workshop sequence, a group of angel investors selects as the most promising startup! Learn more - register at this link for a March 8 online information session. Register at: https://www.virtualincubationprogram.com/register-for-the-webinar/ • What to bring • Important to know
- Startup 411 - How to Start
• What we'll do Do you have an idea for a startup, but don't know where to start? The Startup 411 workshop is loaded with practical steps to take as you launch your startup. It's 2.5 hours full of excellent, practical entrepreneurial lessons learned ranging from how to validate your business model to protecting your intellectual property and selecting the right funding strategy for your startup's stage. And you'll learn about the broad range of resources that are available to help startups in Oregon. Tuesday, March 6, 11:30am-2pm. Register at: https://www.oen.org/calendar-events/411-march-2018/ • What to bring • Important to know
- How could Your Startup use a PSU Capstone Team?
• What we'll do Would you like free business consulting services to help you launch your business? At this brown-bag lunch Bill Jones, Ph.D. (PSU Capstone Coordinator) will explain how it works. PSU offers to eligible clients business consulting services that are designed around your needs and goals. They will work in many areas including marketing, finance, accounting, HR, management, supply chain, and advertising. Learn more at this free brown-bag lunch event. When: Jan. 22, 2018, noon-1pm What: PSU Capstone info session - bring your brown-bag lunch Where: OTBC (see our map for where to park & MAX info: http://www.otbc.org/directions) Cost: Free • What to bring • Important to know
- Federal Grants for Startups - SBIR and STTR Lessons Learned
Dr. David Farrell has decades of experience successfully soliciting federal grants (SBIT, STTR, etc.) from the federal government. Dr. Farrell takes a hands on approach, sharing practical advice to help entrepreneurs increase their odds of a successful grant application.
- Virtual Incubation Program - online information session
Please help pass the word! Entrepreneurs in rural Oregon with an idea for a growth business (a business that will sell something regionally, nationally or internationally - not just locally), please join us on March 29 for an online event to hear about the Virtual Incubation Program (VIP) for rural Oregon. What: Information session on Virtual Incubation Program When: March 29, 2017, 11:30am Where: Online video conference Information on how to join us online is at this link (https://otbc.org/event/virtual-incubation-program-information-session/) Meanwhile, you can read more about VIP at this link. (https://otbc.org/vip)
- Information Session: Virtual Incubation Program
Knowledge, networking and mentoring are key to entrepreneurial success. That’s what the Virtual Incubation Program (VIP) delivers. If you are a rural Oregon entrepreneur, learn more about our Spring 2017 VIP program at this link (https://otbc.org/vip). Have questions? Join us for an Online Information Session! Find out about VIP – and experience the Zoom.us interactive video platform we use for the program. We’ll have an online information session on March 14 at 11:30am. Register here (http://dashboardbeta.com/view_form.php?id=63232013&user_id=1) for the information session, and we’ll send you log-in information to use on March 14 to join the session.