In honor of Pam we are continuing the tradition she started with these great all day Del Mar Access tours. We have 2 shoots in the fall. I do want to ask if you had been many times please do not sign up for this one. I am not going to limit it to first timers only but I would like people who have been many times to please let others do this.
Join me on Dec 1 and skip the shopping and see the horses up close. The fall it is much less horses at the track but still a fun day.
Please read through and be sure you can attend before you RSVP
We have been given another opportunity to have full access to Del Mar Race Track from the Media director of the DMTC for the 2016 Summer and Fall Race Season. We will be given photo credentials that will enable us to have a full experience of the race track. They are allowing only 11 of us for this opportunity.
7 AM: We will meet on the east side parking lot of Milton's 2660 Via De La Valle, Del Mar, CA 92014. Here you will be given your credentials and we will go over what to expect at this shoot.
7:15 AM: We will then drive over to the Del Mar Race Track and we will start with a few morning workouts until 9 AM. There is a place at the track you can get coffee and breakfast, there is usually a break on the track ~ 8ish. Bring Cash.
9:30 AM: We will meet in the paddock area and then go to the barn area. We will walk around taking pictures of the Horses such as: getting a bath, grooming and shoeing. We will all need to stay together during this time period. I will see about getting access to a barn area from a trainer.
11am: Gates open We will have lunch at the Veranda Club House Cafe https://www.dmtc.com/menus/clubhouse-summer
12 noon: We will then meet at the Paddock to photograph the horses before the first race (post time 12:30 pm). Depending on what type of races are being run that day, we will try to arrange to be able to go onto the track to take some racing photographs. We will also go up to the Press Box and be able to shoot a race from there. After this you are free to watch and photograph the horses in the paddock and Races
There are a few guidelines to keep in mind:
• While in the Paddock, Race Track and Barn Area we are all to stay together and no wondering off, this could be dangerous to you and the horses and will be enforced.
• This is a very long day and it can get hot, please prepare bring water and dress accordingly.
• Please wear closed toe shoes there is a lot of things you can step in!
• No Tripods (Mono-pods only in the Stands for Early Morning Workouts, not racing, paddock or barn area) Best to leave it at home.
• No flashes around the horses.
• We will not be going to the Turf Club.
• I must have a list to Del Mar 1 week prior, I will need your full name and address and cell phone # by Nov 25 6pm. Please email to [masked]. If I do not get this information I will go to the first person on the wait list. So please make sure you give this information as I need to turn it into Del Mar. If you are on the wait list please send me this information also. If I am able to take someone from the wait list I will go with the first person who has sent me this information.
• Seating will be up to each individual and you can purchase a seat. We have access to walk around but after we are done if you decide to stay you can either sit in the general admission area or you can buy a seat.
• Concessions will open once the track opens to the public at 11am.
Please only sign up if you can make it and be with us for the day from 7 AM until about 2 PM. This is a very popular shoot and there is a total of 2 shoots we are asking you attend only 1, give someone else a chance to someone who had not attended one of these full day access tours previously. No guests, only photographers for this meet up.
IMPORTANT NOTICE - Photographs CANNOT be sold for profit without permission from The Del Mar Thoroughbred Club. You will have to make arrangements with the track photographer. We are guests of The Del Mar Thoroughbred Club and they are giving us great access to an incredible event. Do not ruin it for us by selling these photos.
If you have any questions in the mean time please email me: [masked]
Special Notes regarding all PPS Photo Shoots:
Please Note: By submitting a YES RSVP and participating in any PPS event, you agree that PPS, Organizers, and Event Hosts are NOT responsible for your safety or for any injury or damage to your person or your property, or that of your guest(s). You agree that you have read the instructions of the announcement and that you and your guest(s) are assuming all risks of participating in the event.
The main mission of PPS is for its members to take photographs at a wide variety of venues practicing many different types of photography together, learning from each other and having fun in the process. The choice of venues for PPS events does not indicate that PPS either supports or does not support a particular venue. PPS is strictly neutral in this matter and merely offers photographers different venues in order to provide them with the opportunity to practice various types of photography.