Welcome to PADDLE KC: Kayaking & SUP! We’re friendly people who enjoy kayaking, standup paddleboarding, canoeing, and an active lifestyle. Members are single and married men and women of all ages who are recreational, touring, endurance, and whitewater paddlers. Whether you have years of experience, or are totally new to paddling your boat or board, we welcome you to join us for great times with great people. Although most events require that you bring your own kayak or SUP, we do have occasional rental options.
If you are looking for hiking and active outdoor and indoor fun beyond paddling, check out Active Kansas City group also.
Participation is key, so RSVP for an event after you join the group. If you do not attend an event within 3 months of joining, you may be removed from the group. If you don't see a paddling activity of interest that works with your schedule, suggest one!
Examples of activities:
• Kayaking, stand up paddleboarding. Sometimes planned in advance, sometimes last-minute invitations. Primarily recreational paddling, with occasional endurance races and whitewater trips for those interested.
• Day, weekend, or longer paddling trips to state parks, national parks, or interesting destinations.
• Occasional social events like happy hours, game nights and visits to local attractions.
• Skills enhancement and learning opportunities including kayak safety and rolling workshops, “How To Choose A Kayak” presentations, and helpful tips shared at events.
Unique trips and local activities created just for our group of paddling friends.
• Annual events include Kayaking Games Day, Paddlepalooza & Demo Day, Full Moon Paddles, Dog Paddles, Missouri River and Kaw River trips, Fall Color Float, and New Years Day Hike & Potluck.
We have simple and reasonable guidelines for all PADDLE KC members:
1) Read and follow group and event instructions. It's your responsibility to read and follow event instructions, and not waste the host's time and effort or cause extra hassles for those who plan or attend events. If an event says "kayak required" and you don't own a kayak or haven't arranged one to use but you still RSVP Yes, or if it says "No Refunds" and you ask for a refund, you will be removed from the group. We're here to have fun and wasting time dealing with unnecessary hassles is not fun.
2) Post a photo clearly showing your face on your PADDLE KC profile enabling other members to recognize you. No group shots, covered face, stylized photo filters, or distant photos that don't clearly show your face. If you don't want to be recognized or object to providing a clear photo showing your face, this is not the group for you.
3) Manage your RSVPs to avoid frequent no-shows and frequent last-minute changes to No. Be considerate and respectful to other members, event hosts, and venues who are impacted by no-shows or last-minute RSVP changes. If you do change your Yes RSVP to No frequently, or no-show (RSVP Yes but don’t show up) frequently, you WILL be removed from the group. You are also responsible for your guests' RSVPs, so encourage them to join the group so you aren't impacted by their RSVP changes or no-shows.
4) Participate. This group exists to enable members to share great experiences and great information of interest to paddlers. Members who do not attend a Paddle KC activity within three months of joining may be removed from the group. Members who become inactive may also be removed.
5) Be nice and considerate to members, hosts and venues. It may sound corny, but we are a friendly, welcoming bunch and treat others well. Negative or disruptive influences will be removed.
6) Do not sell at or promote at members. We are here to socialize and enjoy time on the water with PADDLE KC members. No sales pitches or promoting products, services, or other Meetup groups. If you do have a product or service that you believe members would benefit from, contact the Organizer, Christy.
These simple, common-sense guidelines ensure a great experience for all of us.
I look forward to seeing you on the water soon. Let's have a good time!