addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Park Slope Knitting Circle Message Board › PSKC Secret Santa Questionnaire

PSKC Secret Santa Questionnaire

Archie
user 4083771
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 21
Questionnaire

To sign up, fill out the questionnaire and email it back to me. If that is a problem, copy and paste the questionnaire into an email. My address is “archietaz AT mac DOT com.”

Your full name:

Sex

Meet-up username:

Your blog address (if applicable):

Ravelry id (if applicable):

Favorite color(s):

Least favorite color(s):

Favorite yarn/type of yarn to wear:

Least favorite yarn/type of yarn to wear:

Any favorite pattern you wish you had, but didn't necessarily have to knit?

Any pattern that you don't like?

Any allergies or yarn issues we should be aware of (wool allergy, pets, etc):

Do you own a pet?

Are you willing to be a back up knitter in case someone has to pull out?

US shoe size:

Head circumference

Glove Size
Anna
AnnaClaire
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 21
Just a thing or two that wasn't covered in the e-mail.

First, how are you defining a skein? 109 yards? 200-something yards? 50 grams? 100 grams? 3 ounces?

And to clarify, by patterns we don't like, is that patterns we don't want to get, or patterns we don't want to knit?
Archie
user 4083771
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 22
Hi,

First, the questionnaire is designed to help you as the knitter, pick something to knit for your secret Santa. So, when answering the question about what we would like to not knit, put an objects that you don't like and hence would not like to receive. By doing this, the person knitting your present will know what NOT to knit.

Second, a skein can vary, so use your discression. Most worsted weight yarns have 220 yards or so. For example, if you are using Noro, their skeins tend to be small, so two skeins would be okay. If you are using Cascade Eco wool, half a skein may be enough.

Archie
Anna
AnnaClaire
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 22
OK, but wouldn't it help better match people by knowing what people simpy don't have the skills for? For example, I wouldn't be thrilled to have to knit for someone who really really wants socks, as I don't know how to do socks yet and would be pretty much stuck disappointing them. Some of us can knit/crochet anything they set their minds to, but we also have a fair number of people who are just learning to knit.
Archie
user 4083771
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 23
YOU KNIT AT your level. If you are a newbie and can only make scarves, then you are knitting one BEAUTIFUL scarf as a present. If you feel like venturing out and experimenting, then we fellow PSKCers are here to help.

Personally, I hope to challenge myself by involving a little color work in whatever one-skein wonder I do