addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Portland WordPress Meetup Message Board › Just a newbie here...

Just a newbie here...

A former member
Post #: 2
Happy holidays! I have several websites and I use Wordpress for most of them. I have been working with Wordpress by trial and error and have had my fair share of frustrations with customizing themes and understanding CSS. I bought a book and have been using several tutorial websites, but I still can't seem to get it ;). I hope to gain some knowledge from the members of this group.
Thanks for having a group all about wordpress!
Cheers,
Sophia
Daniel P.
tualatinweb
Tualatin, OR
Post #: 24
Happy holidays! I have several websites and I use Wordpress for most of them. I have been working with Wordpress by trial and error and have had my fair share of frustrations with customizing themes and understanding CSS. I bought a book and have been using several tutorial websites, but I still can't seem to get it ;). I hope to gain some knowledge from the members of this group.
Thanks for having a group all about wordpress!
Cheers,
Sophia

Sophia,

What kind of specific questions do you have about WordPress?

Daniel
Lorelle V.
Lorellev
North Plains, OR
Post #: 2
Another option is you live near Portland is to take a class. There are a variety of non-credit WordPress classes at local colleges. I'm teaching a 4 credit class at Clark College in Vancouver just across the river on Introduction to WordPress. There are only a couple seats left but I'm sure we can squeeze you in. Let me know if you are interested. Also check out PCC and PSU. And make sure you come to the WordPress Meetup. We do a lot of programs and hands on time to help people understand how WordPress works.