addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Portland WordPress Meetup Message Board › Looking for theme

Looking for theme

A former member
Post #: 1
I am what you call "dangerous enough" and always try to do things on my own before I call the pros. In this case, looking for a theme and a bit overwhelmed by the many choices out there. Purchased Thesis, but not sure... Here is a website that is quite close to what I am looking for: http://rockhealth.com...­ Any advice?

Daniel P.
tualatinweb
Tualatin, OR
Post #: 60
Shimon,

I visited that site and looked at the HTML source code, they use WordPress with a theme called: theme1441.

You could Google to find that Theme.
A former member
Great find Daniel. If that doesn't work or you need help, let me know. I also do custom theme integration with WordPress and Concrete5 CMS platforms.
A former member
Post #: 2
Thanks Jason and Daniel for the reply smile
Patty A.
user 40232402
Yamhill, OR
I just visited this site and wondered if it was a custom theme or not. I looked through the code trying to find if it mentioned the theme. Specifically, i wondered how the top navigation/drop downs were done. would it be a plug-in? VERY new to wordpress, I'm trying to figure out how to use whats available without calling on developers (yet) to get what i (think) I want. Thanks!
Daniel P.
tualatinweb
Tualatin, OR
Post #: 63
Patty,

That site is not a custom theme, rather it is one of thousands that are freely available or on occasion for a small fee (premium theme).

About 99.9% of all drop-down menus are developed with a statement in HTML called Unordered List or UL for short, then some CSS code. the 0.1% that don't use this approach add even more Javascript code on top of HTML and CSS.

If you can live with the look and feel of a pre-built theme then do so, it will be the lowest cost for you.

If you want something quite unique looking or acting then you are probably going to hire a developer, like me and others.