addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

PDX Breakfast Club Message Board › Hi Everyone! Updated the Welcome message...

Hi Everyone! Updated the Welcome message...

Robin H.
RobinHealy
Portland, OR
HI Breakfast Lovers!
Just wanted to let you know, I have updated (well, really, CREATED) the Welcome message new members receive when they join the group.  Wanted to pass it along to everyone, as we are now at 499 members!   I would love feedback on this message, feel free to send it to me!

Hope you are all getting out in this nicer weather we have been having and enjoying some breakfasts!  We had a LOVELY time this morning at Eclectic Kitchen on NE Fremont, I am so glad to have found it! Going to be standing in line at Screen Door tomorrow so I wish the insomnia fairies would go away and let me sleep!

Robin - Organizer, PDX Breakfast Club

New message:

Hi new member of PDX Breakfast Club! 
Welcome and a little about us: this is a casual group but please if you RSVP and can't make it, cancel as far ahead as possible to give others a chance to take your place. That being said, cancelling the night before is better than a no show. 

Some of these are in small places or the size of a particular Meetup might be smaller than most.  Don't take it personally.  This is a NO DRAMA ZONE.  We are all adults. We might discuss politics, or similar topics, so be forewarned.

If you aren't seeing any Meetups at places you like, contact the Organizer and let's see about making you an assistant.  I won't consider anyone for assistant unless they have been a member for a while (my definition: at least a couple of months) and been somewhat active. I might even ask for a reference.   

Overall we are here to meet new people and enjoy good food and good conversation.  Many of our members are new to Portland and it's fun to give them tips and how to best enjoy this great city.  Welcome!