addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Portland Shiba Inu Meetup Group Message Board › Rehoming Shiba

Rehoming Shiba

Wesley H.
user 13858182
Portland, OR
Post #: 1
Hello, all -- my fiancée & I have a 3 year old shiba named Kitsune that we would like to rehome. Kitsune is a fantastic dog & we love him dearly, which is what lead me to reach out within your group first. We want to know that the home he ends up in knows & loves the shiba breed. Prompting the rehome was the birth of our daughter a few months ago. Make no mistake, Kitsune is great with kids -- we're just at capacity right now & have made peace with the fact that he would benefit from an enivornment where he had more attention.

Quick rundown on Kitsune: he's a character. Very handsome & he knows it. Loves being out & about -- has a strong drive to be outside & active. No health issues. Had some minor allergy flair ups last year, but that's gone now that he's wheat/grain free. Happy to answer questions & provide pictures (there are lots). Also glad to meet up. We're in Southeast.
Kassandra
user 9501165
Portland, OR
Post #: 14
Have you considered contacting NW Shibas 4 life rescue out of Beavercreek? Very knowledgeable people especially when it comes to pups with allergies. Denise is very selective about homes for placement so you can be assured he would go to a knowledgeable home. I foster failured from her with my baby boy Haru. Please feel free to contact me for Denise's information. Cupcakegirl5683@gmail.com
Wesley H.
user 13858182
Portland, OR
Post #: 2
We hadn't considered that -- thanks, Kassandra! We're making a last-ditch effort with training and seem to have turned a very promising corner yesterday. I'll be sure to reach out for Denise's contact information if we need it. Much appreciated!
Vixey R.
Cupcakedog5683
Portland, OR
Post #: 16
I'm glad to hear that Weasley! If you have any questions about training or weird things Kitsune is doing, please feel free to contact me and I can give you Denise's information even for questions. :) She's very willing to help anyone who needs assistance with any problems. I see you guys are in Southeast, as am I. If you need a Shiba-sitter for a little while, I would be willing to help you out. I'm in nursing school full time but I'm home quite a bit. I have a big fenced in back yard that is (my, hopefully other) Shiba proofed and a boy and girl shiba. They are both 4, so right around Kitsune's age. :) Let me know how we can help, if needed. Good luck!
Vixey R.
Cupcakedog5683
Portland, OR
Post #: 17
Sorry, I didn't realize I was logged into Vixey's account when I made the last post. She has her own profile because she posts to NW Shibas4life meetup page. :) This is still Kassandra. LOL^..^