The founders of Fitocracy, ElectNext, NewsCred, and five other Penn digital startups sharing the passion behind their companies in the fast-paced Ignite format of 5 minutes and 20 slides rotating automatically.
Networking and cocktails by award-winning mixologist Rene Hidalgo of Beloved and Lantern's Keep
Doors open at 6:15 for open bar and networking. Rene Hidalgo, head bartender at Beloved in Greenpoint and Lantern's Keep in the Iroquois Hotel - nominated for World's Best Hotel Bar in 2012 - will be serving a special drinks menu designed to match the personalities of the presenting companies.
Ignite talks start promptly at 7:00 in two sets w/ a small intermission. Each speaker gets 20 slides of 15 seconds each. Think TED on speed. You will not be bored.
- Asif Rahman, Co-founder and Chief Architect, NewsCred
"Why Marketing Will Save Journalism"
- Dick Talens, Co-founder and Chief Growth Officer, Fitocracy
"A Cat Pic a Day Keeps the Doctor Away"
- Keya Danenbaum, Co-founder and CEO, ElectNext
"We Don't Live in a Democracy"
- Jordan Elpern-Waxman, Founder and CEO, BeerDreamer
"Crimes Against Beer"
- Matt Myers, Co-founder and CEO, Tidal Labs
"Advertising is Dying; What's Replacing It?"
- Ted Mann, Co-founder and CEO, SnipSnap
"How My Wife Drove Me to Create a Top 50 App"
- Marjan Ghara, Founder and CEO, BiblioNasium
"Books Are Like Shoes"
- Lucinda Duncalfe, Founder and CEO, Real Food Works
"Packaged Death or Real Life"