General idea //
This is a focused art activity which provides skilled artists and absolute beginners the opportunity to draw each other, face to face, sitting at tables in comfortable surroundings. Whatever your skill level, we hope that you draw to the best of your ability, are respectful to models and appreciate the efforts of other participants.
We have chosen the new Starbucks, 14-16 Hankow Rd, as a venue because it is convenient to get to, comfortable, reasonably priced and the staff are helpful. Please make sure you buy a drink and support the business.
• Bring your own paper and pencil etc.
• Let the host know if you are no longer able to attend
• Say hello to the host as you arrive
• Buy a drink or snack.
• Find a seat. Make some quick sketches of the people from our group. Feel free to get up, show them the drawing and introduce yourself.
• Take your time to enjoy your drink, drawing, and meeting people.
• Take care of your belongings as you would in any other public place.
• Avoid taking photos of people during the event.
Help us grow:
Grow the event by photographing and sharing your own drawings on instagram #peoplesketch #peopledrawingpeople
Hosts will also take descriptive shots of the event and your drawings to promote this meetup to new members outside. If you prefer not to appear in photographs just let them know.
Optional activities //
For variety we may suggest optional activities which you can choose to participate in or not. These include volunteering as a model for the group, or partnering up with people for longer model/artist exchanges, skill sharing, etc.