This is a focused art activity which provides skilled artists and absolute beginners the opportunity to draw each other, face to face, sitting at tables in comfortable surroundings. Whatever your skill level, we hope that you draw to the best of your ability, are respectful to models and appreciate the efforts of other participants.
To enjoy the pleasant surroundings of Muse garden Art Cafe, please buy a drink. The venue has been opened up exclusively for our group to use and they provide a reasonably priced and good quality selection of drinks and snacks.
• Bring your own paper and pencil etc. We get a 10% discount on art supplies at ArtsMan (see sponsors)
• RSVP ASAP
• Let the host know if you are no longer able to attend
• Say hello to the host as you arrive
• Buy a drink or snack.
• Find a seat. Join in the sketching activity, ask the host if you are unsure.
• Take your time to enjoy your drink, drawing, and meeting people.
• Take care of your belongings as you would in any other public place.
• Avoid taking photos of people during the event.
Help us grow:
Grow the event by photographing and sharing your own drawings on instagram #peoplesketch #peopledrawingpeople
Hosts will also take descriptive shots of the event and your drawings to promote this meetup to new members outside. If you prefer not to appear in photographs just let them know.
For variety, we may suggest optional activities which you can choose to participate in or not. These include volunteering as a model for the group, or partnering up with people for longer model/artist exchanges, skill sharing, etc.