addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Hip & Well Read Message Board › H&WR featured for our Reading Parties

H&WR featured for our Reading Parties

Michelle
user 8289180
Group Organizer
Philadelphia, PA
Back in the day we held a reading party. Everyone seemed to enjoy it, but we haven't been able to do it since.

I was recently contacted by the meetup.com HQ people and they featured our reading parties on their tips:

http://www.meetup.com/help/What-are-some-tips-and-tricks-to-organizing-a-great-Book-Club-Meetup­

So, I was thinking... would anyone be interested in having another reading party?

Previous reading party:

http://www.meetup.com/philadelphia-hip-and-well-read-book-club/events/16576462/­

Also, would anyone be interested in hosting one? Meaning, promising to be there from beginning to end?

Let me know!

Michelle
Jessica
jessypie
Chicago, IL
Post #: 4
I was just thinking last night that it would be great to come up with some excuses for all of us to hang out other than just once a month at book club - especially since several of us mentioned that we joined the group specifically to meet new people after moving here!

I'd come out for a reading party anytime it didn't conflict with my schedule, and I'd be happy to be the "host" sometimes, too.

Also, if anyone ever wants to have an informal book club hangout where we DO talk to each other, like happy hour or quizzo or anything, I'm up for that too. :)
Michelle
user 8289180
Group Organizer
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 48
There's always movies and a bookclub stammtisch (weekly drink night).