Well we had good free ride due to the generosity of a series of head organizers who were willing to pay the bills for this meetup group up to and including Josh, who kept it going for the last year or so, but it's come time for all of us to start contributing to continuing the group we all feel a part of.
1) currently climb with the meetup
2) found lifelong climbing friends and partners through the meetup
3) maybe you even met your significant other with us!
In any case, if you currently or at some point found the meetup to be useful, please consider a small donation so we can keep this resource available for you in the future and for all other future climbers. "Pay It Forward" as they say....
I've set up a PayPal account where you can make your donation:
If you have your bank account attached to your PayPal and pay as a personal gift to a friend, there are no fees on either side and all of the funds go straight to pay for the meetup!
This will enable us to continue our great climbing meetups:
1) Our weekly meetups at multiple rock gyms
2) Our outdoor climbing trips in PA, and beyond!
3) Our learning courses for anchors, trad climbing, climbing safety and more!
4) community outreach, keeping our crags clean, volunteering opportunities
We have over a thousand members, so hopefully if each donates a small amount we'll have the fees covered for the next year. Thanks for coming out and being great climbing friends. This community is nothing without your participation!
Organizer for Philly Rock Climbing Meetup
Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions about how we can improve this group. :)